A brief introduction to the MiniDrive.
1. Is the MiniDrive available now?
Yes, the MiniDrive is available now.
2. How does the MiniDrive work?
The MiniDrive acts an adapter that can be used in the SD Drive of a MacBook. The MicroSD card goes into the MiniDrive, and the MiniDrive fits flush into the SD Drive. You can check the blog for insertion and removal instructions for further details.
3. Is the MiniDrive good quality?
Yes. The MiniDrive is a high quality drive and is made in America. It is reliable and does not cause problems with your MacBook. It slips into the MacBook’s SD slot to enable a semi-permament, on board, secondary storage drive. Reviews can be found here:
Mac-Rumors Review , with Photos
4.Which Models is the MiniDrive compatible with?
1. MacBook Retina 15’’
Mid 2012 +
2. MacBook Air 13’’
Late 2010 +
3. MacBook Pro 13’’
Mid 2009 +
4. MacBook Pro 15’’
Mid 2009 +
5. MacBook Pro 17’’ Mid 2012 +
Note: The MiniDrive is not compatible with the newest MacBook Pro Retinas, in the 13” and 15”. These models have altered dimensions for the SD drive, and we are currently working on producing a model to fit. We will post updates as they come, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
5. Can we ship internationally?
Yes, we can ship internationally. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your address, and we will let you know what it would cost to ship.
6. How long does shipping take?
Shipping goes out within 3 days of purchase, and gets to you from 1-2 weeks. We can still ship for the holidays.
7. What is the return policy?
Email us to email@example.com and we will issue a return for you if your product is defective.
Any questions not covered in this FAQ can be answered by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 1: Insertion
Step 1: Insert your MicroSD card into the MiniDrive. Make sure the MicroSD card is fully seated in the MiniDrive, and fits completely and snug.
Pictured above shows the MicroSD fully seated into the MiniDrive.
Step 2: Insert MiniDrive into the computer rapidly and completely, with the endcap or tape facing outward.
Check to make sure the MiniDrive fits in completely flush. You should be able to run your finger alongside the computer and it be smooth. If it is not, remove the MiniDrive and repeat steps 1 through 3. If the MiniDrive is flush, you are done and ready to boot!
Part 2: Removal
Step 1: Use the included red wire and hook it between the MiniDrive’s slits, as shown below. this will allow you to pull the MiniDrive out.
Step 2: Take the MiniDrive out by firmly and swiftly pulling on the red wire that you have hooked in.
You have now successfully pulled out the MiniDrive!
- MiniDrive must be pushed in quickly. Remove and push back in quickly.
- MicroSD must be fully pushed into MiniDrive. Remove-and reinsert. Confirm the outer corner of the MicroSD card is all the way in.
- If the gold contact points are dirty and not making a good connection.. 1. To clean the internal “contact points”, remove and re-insert the MiniDrive rapidly (25x) 2. To clean the external “contact points”, remove and re-insert the MiniDrive into the MicroSD slot(25x).
- If Air/Retina 15″ models are too thick to fit easily, contact us for help.
Need Alternative to the Red Wire to remove the MiniDrive?
A staple from a stapler will remove the MiniDrive great, as will a metal twist-tie from a loaf of bread! Most paper clips will not work as they are too thick.
If you have any questions that we can still answer, please send an email to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
Thank you for purchasing the MiniDrive!